The BQ-270C features high-quality production perfect binding with fully-automated operation and push button simplicity. The BQ-270C single-clamp binder is designed for single-person production of up to 500 books per hour, and requires minimal operator training. Standard features include an ergonomically-situated digital caliper that measures book thickness and automatically transfers the settings to the binder for quick, automated changeover, color touch-screen control console, efficient single-edition POD book production, automatic air-suction cover feeding with in-line scoring, job programming, and same-location loading and unloading for easier single-person operation. The BQ-270C, with its state-of-the-art design, compact configuration, and full automation, is positioned to meet the demands of the short-run, print-on-demand book market.
- All set-up is completed in less than one minute by inputting the necessary information through the 10.4 inch color touchscreen. Changeover from A4 to A5 takes about 10 seconds.
- Produce books up to 50 mm (2.0”) thick at a maximum speed of 500 cycles per hour.
- Strong, rigid nipping and cover scoring stations are comparable to larger industrial book
- binders, for strong, accurate binding.
- User-friendly operation and precision automation achieve short set-ups and make-readies. The BQ-270C contributes to environmentally friendly production with minimal spoilage.
- Every book can be a different thickness, for true On Demand book production.
- Optional thickness caliper SI-270C provides even greater production efficiency.
- The BQ-270C can be enhanced with the optional Horizon i2i JDF network flow system to optimize bindery workflows
- Book Size Max: 320 x 320 mm (12.59″ x 12.59″)
- Book Size Min: 135 x 105 mm (5.32″ x 4.14″)
- Book Thickness: 1 to 50 mm (0.04″ to 2.00″)
- Cover Size Max: 320 x 660 mm (12.59″ x 25.98″)
- Cover Size Min: 135 x 230 mm (5.32″ x 9.06″)
- Cover Weight Range: 82 to 302 gsm
- Production Speed: Max 500 cycles/hr
PRINT & FINISHING SOLUTIONS