The BQ-270 features high-quality production perfect binding with fully-automated operation and push button simplicity. The BQ-270 single-clamp binder is designed for single-person production of up to 500 books per hour, and requires minimal operator training. Standard features include LCD touch-screen control console, efficient single-edition POD book production, automatic air-suction cover feeding with in-line scoring, job programming, and same-location loading and unloading for easier single-person operation. The BQ-270, with its state-of-the-art design, compact configuration, and full automation, is positioned to meet the demands of the short-run, print-on-demand book market.
Available options include: An ergonomically-situated digital caliper that measures book thickness and automatically transfers the settings to the binder for quick, automated changeover and an air extraction unit to pump adhesive fumes and heat out of the production area.
- All set-up is completed in less than one minute by inputting the necessary information through the LCD touchscreen. Changeover from A4 to A5 takes about 10 seconds.
- Produce books up to 50 mm (2.0”) thick at a maximum speed of 500 cycles per hour.
- Strong, rigid nipping and cover scoring stations are comparable to larger industrial book
- binders, for strong, accurate binding.
- User-friendly operation and precision automation achieve short set-ups and make-readies. The BQ-270 contributes to environmentally friendly production with minimal spoilage.
- Every book can be a different thickness, for true On Demand book production.
- Optional thickness caliper SI-270C provides even greater production efficiency.
- Book Size Max: 320 x 320 mm (12.59″ x 12.59″)
- Book Size Min: 135 x 105 mm (5.32″ x 4.14″)
- Book Thickness: 1 to 50 mm (0.04″ to 2.00″)
- Cover Size Max: 320 x 660 mm (12.59″ x 25.98″)
- Cover Size Min: 135 x 230 mm (5.32″ x 9.06″)
- Cover Weight Range: 82 to 302 gsm
- Production Speed: Max 500 cycles/hr
PRINT & FINISHING SOLUTIONS